May 15th 2023 - Team
Types of Soups You Need to Add to Your Menu
Soup is one of the most versatile and comforting foods that has been around for thousands of years and has evolved into various types of soups that satisfy different palates. Soups can be thick or thin, creamy or clear, and come in a range of flavors. Let's take a look at some of the different types of soups!
Types of Soups
Soup is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a hearty meal or as a light appetizer. Classic soup can be categorized as either cold, hot, or thick.
Cold soups, such as gazpacho or vichyssoise, are perfect for a hot summer day. They are typically made with fresh ingredients and are served chilled. On the other hand, hot soups offer comfort during the colder months.
They can be made with various rich broths or bases such as chicken stock, beef stock, or vegetable broth. Some popular hot soups include tomato soup, savory soup, Italian soup, and chicken noodle soup. Pureed soups, cream soups, and chunky soups are some other types of soups that can be enjoyed year-round. Whether you prefer a flavorful broth or a creamy soup, there is a soup out there for everyone to enjoy.
(See more: What Is A Stock Pot? Types, Uses, And How To Use Them?)
Cold soups are perfect for warm summer evenings or as an appetizer for a refreshing start to a meal. These soups are usually served at room temperature or chilled and are made using fresh vegetables and fruits.
Some of the popular types of cold soups include gazpacho, vichyssoise, cucumber soup, and avocado soup.
Gazpacho soup is a cold soup that originated in Andalusia, Spain. This refreshing dish is perfect for hot summer days when you don't feel like eating something heavy. Gazpacho soup is made with fresh vegetables like tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers and is flavored with olive oil, garlic, and vinegar.
Curious about how to make it? Here's a step-by-step process to make it:
- Gather the base ingredients:
- 4 ripe tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 1 red bell pepper, 1 small red onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 cups of tomato juice, 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the vegetables: Roughly chop the tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, and red onion and add them to a large bowl.
- Add garlic and seasonings: Peel and roughly chop the garlic and add it to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the mixture: Using a blender or food processor, puree the vegetable mixture until smooth.
- Add liquids: Gradually add the tomato juice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar to the blender and mix in thoroughly.
- Chill the soup: Transfer the gazpacho soup to a container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until cold.
- Serve: When ready to serve, ladle the gazpacho soup into bowls and garnish with additional chopped vegetables, croutons, or fresh herbs.
Enjoy this healthy and flavorful soup as a starter or light meal and impress your guests with this authentic Spanish recipe.
Cucumber soup is a delicious and refreshing cold soup that's perfect for hot summer days. This soup is easy to make and requires only a handful of ingredients which are: 2 cucumbers, peeled and cut into chunks, 1 cup of plain yogurt, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste.