Whether you call it cotton candy or fairy floss, it is a tasty delicacy that draws customers in. If your cotton candy machine isn't working properly, you'll want it fixed as soon as possible. We've listed some troubleshooting issues and solutions that can help you get your system running again. Always consult your specific manufacturer's manual for repair or replacement instructions.
Machine Not Making Candy
Not heated enough
If your cotton candy machine isn't producing candy, it may not have warmed up sufficiently. Here's how to troubleshoot it:
- Allow it to properly heat up before attempting to manufacture anything.
- Check that the machine is connected and powered on at all times before turning on the heat switch.
Model Featured: Winco CCM-28M
If you do not add enough sugar to the machine, it will not be able to heat and produce cotton candy. Follow the instructions for your specific machine and add enough sugar to make a portion.
Protip: Make sure to contact a local authorized service agent for assistance with these specific products as well as all of your commercial kitchen equipment requirements.
Candy is distributed unevenly
Does your machine utilize hard candy? They will not melt properly if they are irregularly spaced, and the head will not spin properly.
How to troubleshoot?
- Before you begin, make sure they are evenly spaced.
The sugar is burning.
A Residue build-up may be a problem. If you don't clean your cotton candy machine after each usage, the sugar might accumulate and develop residue.
How to troubleshoot?
- You'll want to keep the machine clean to avoid burning and smoking any sugar onto the heating element.
Want to learn how to properly clean your cotton candy machine? Check out this article!
Model Featured: Winco 81011
Extractor Head Not Spinning
Troubleshoot Tip #1
If the extractor is not spinning, you may need to clean the extractor head and the machine.
- Cleaning after each usage is critical since residue might accumulate.
- Make sure you take adequate care of your equipment since sticky residue can cause the extractor head to not spin.
Learn How to Make Cotton Candy in this Article!
Troubleshoot Tip #2
A faulty motor could be the reason for the extractor head not spinning.
- Before you begin, check for sugar buildup and any blockages.
- The motor will need to be replaced if they are not the problem.
Model Featured: Omcan USA 41337
Thinking of getting a Cotton Candy Machine?
Here at Culinary Depot, we carry different types of fun cotton candy makers and cotton candy machine accessories that are perfect for any occasion. Keeping consistent candy floss production can be daunting at times.
Contact us or visit our online store for more information about any commercial machines to serve that delicious cotton candy for your kid's birthday party use, family and various party, or even customers!