It's important to clean any Hobart dishwasher regularly to keep it in good shape. Daily cleaning is recommended if you want your commercial dishwasher to last longer. These general cleaning instructions should get you started, but some models may have additional steps that need to be taken.
How to Clean a Hobart Dishwasher
- To clean your dirty dishwasher properly, you must first remove all scrap baskets
- Ensure the wash and rinse arms are clear of obstructions
- wipe down the interior and exterior surfaces. Don't use steel wool, scour pads, or abrasive cleaning products when cleaning your dishwasher, even if they say they're safe for dishwashers. They're going to damage the machine.
- Delime using Delimer/ Descaler
- Keep routine maintenance for easier cleaning
- Problems regarding your machine? Check out this guide to fix error codes or call a service technician.
How to Clean a Hobart Undercounter Dishwasher
- Turn off the machine and Drain
- Remove and check the wash and rinse arms. Some models have squeeze buttons while others have hand screws.
- Clean out all the strainers and wash them thoroughly to remove any food residue.
- Wash the exterior and interior of your dishwasher with a damp rag.
- Put everything away so that your machine is set up for the next day.
- Leave the door slightly ajar so that it can air out during non-business hours.
Featured Model: Hobart LXEH-2
How to Clean a Hobart Door Type Dishwasher
- Spray down the inside surface of the dishwasher and clean any hard-to-get-at spots with a damp cloth, then rinse thoroughly.
- Remove the interior components of the dishwasher, including the rack track and strainer, so you can clean with the proper cleaning product them thoroughly.
- Check the wash and rinse arms for blockages and make sure they rotate freely.
- Change the interior components.
- Drain the unit completely before using it again.
- Clean the inside of the unit with a damp cloth.
- Wipe down the outside of the unit with a clean damp cloth.
Featured Model: Hobart AM16VLT
How to Clean a Hobart Conveyor Dishwasher
Before starting the process of cleaning your dishwasher, be sure that you've disconnected the power and followed the lockout procedures for safety.
- Turn the machine off and wait for it to cool
- Drain the unit completely before using it again.
- Clean the curtains with a mild solution.
- Remove the wash / rinse arms and ensure that they are free of any obstructions.
- Clean out the strainers and scrap bins with appropriate cleaning supplies and wash them out.
- Clean the screen around the pump's intake.
- Clean the machine's interior.
- Wipe down the outside of the container with a damp cloth.
- Make sure the door is open so the fan can circulate the air inside the machine.
Feautured Model: Hobart CL44EN-EGR+BUILDUP
How to Remove Lime Buildup on a Hobart Dishwasher
You will need to clean your Hobart dishwasher regularly, as soon as you notice signs of lime scale buildup on the inside of the tub. Deliming helps extend the life of the machine by preventing malfunctions and ensuring proper performance.
How Often Should You Delime a Dish Machine?
When you start to notice lime scale building up inside, you'll need to remove it. The frequency of deliming depends on the hardness of your water and how often you use your dishwasher. Some machines have automatic deliming notifications that you may be able to program with the results of your water hardness tests to help you remember to deliminate at appropriate intervals.
Remember that too much deliming can be just as damaging to your machine as not doing any deliming at all. Deliming machines use acid to separate the fibers from the wood. If these acids are used too often or improperly, they could damage the machine.
Dishwasher Deliming Procedures
Mineral deposits on the machine can damage it in the long run. There are three different kinds of deliming procedures. Make sure you read the manual and operating instructions for your unit to determine which type you must follow. Make sure to use proper commercial solutions and start the delime cycle.
How to Manually Delime
The operator visually determines if there is a need to add chemicals, then fills the tank up to the appropriate level, circulates the solution through the tank, drains the tank, then refills it with fresh water for a rinse. After the rinse water has drained from the unit, it’s ready for regular use.
How to use Semi-Automatic Deliming
The machine notifies its operator when the deliming is required, and then the operator adds chemicals. The unit will run through its cycle, drain, rinse and be ready for service
How to use Automatic Deliming
The machine notifies its operator that deliming is needed. All the operator needs is to accept the delime cycle, and the machine will automatically add chemicals. The machine will run its cleaning cycle, rinse, and then go back into service and ensuring that there are clean dishes.
Best Tips for Better Cleaning
Practice Pre-Scrapping Dishes
If you remove the larger food particles or food debris before putting them into the dishwasher, then you'll be able to prevent any buildup of food from remaining on dishes after the wash cycles.
Always Ensure to Load the Racks Properly
Make sure to fill every rack so that the wash liquid can reach all sides of every dish, and follow all instructions that came with your dish machine about how to properly load the dirty dishes into the washer.
Make Sure to Only Use Commercial Chemicals
Ensure that you're using the right cleaning chemicals for your type of washing machine. Always check if you are using the right commercial dishwashing detergents or sanitizers and clean water. Make sure that your cleaning cloth is non-abrasive and to monitor the cleaning performance on a regular basis.
Always wear safety goggles and protective gear when handling these chemicals.
Use Soft Water if possible
You may also use water softeners while cleaning to ensure that no lime deposits will adhere to the machine after cleaning.
Ensure to Delime Frequently
Limescale buildup in the pipes can clog the washer and the drain, and can cause other issues with your dishwasher. Always follow the cleaning steps in the guide when you are deliming your dishwashers.
Check if Additional Cleaning is Needed
Make sure that is always a regular cleaning schedule for these dishwashers. If you noticed that additional cleaning is still needed, always ensure that equipment performance is still intact and revert back to the user manual for more information.
We hope that this article on cleaning Hobart Dishwashers ensures that your cleaning process stays impeccable.
Getting Hobart Machines?
Here at Culinary Depot, we carry a wide range of Hobart Machines.
May it be:
- Hobart Single and Double Rack Dishwasher
- Hobart Under Counter Dishwashers
- Hobart Conveyor Dishwasher
- Hobart Pot and Pan Washers
Contact us or visit our online store for more information.